Sunday, April 13, 2014

4/13/14: Fallen Quadriligy by Lauren Kate



     There are no words for how unbelievably happy I am that I finished this series. 

Let's start from the beginning. It was a bitter fall Thursday when I came across Fallen for $4.99 at Barnes and Nobles. With $150 of birthday giftcards and a warm Earl Grey tea in hand, I thought 'Hey, this is a bargain I shouldn't pass up,' so I bought it. 

Oh how naive I was.

I didn't read the book itself until a while after I bought it due to the five other books I had bought along with it, but when I finally did read it, I regretted it. 

The book was horrible and not worth my five dollars. Although the writing was extremely poetic and beautiful, the plot was stupid. The accuracy was also off. 

Luce and Daniel's relationship was completely cheesy and unresolved. I also was completely confused at was going on. To read more about what I thought of that first book all those months ago, click here

Torment was the exact same way for me; boring and useless. At least I figured out what Daniel and Cam were. The plot thickened with stupidity and was going absolutely no where. I didn't like Luce's character or her choice in relationship. 

Passion was so SO much better. I adored the fact that finally (FINALLY) Luce wanted to figure all this shit out. Why did she really even like Daniel in the first place? What were all her past lives about?

The historical fiction aspect, combined with time travel and fantasy caught my attention and I ate that book up (not literally of course). You can read my full review of that here

So I put off reading the last book. I knew it wasn't going to be good and I just didn't want a read a book I knew wasn't going to be good. 

But there was a gap on my bookshelf where my copy of Rapture had to fall to complete the set and I was determined to fill that ugly hole (as readers I am sure you all know that feeling). So I conquered it. 

It wasn't good. But it wasn't as bad as the first two. For the first part I wasn't to intrigued, and the whole apocalypse thing was a bit unnecessary. Then when Lucifer turned out to be Luce's ex, I was laughing out loud. This whole book was just a very cheesy and 'I'm trying to be a grand ending' kind of book. It actually reminded me of Mockingjay in a way.  

Either way, I am glad I finished the series. I am currently reading the novella Fallen in Love that goes with and am completely overjoyed to be reading about somebody else's relationship besides Luce and Daniel's. 

My overall rating for this series was probably 2.5. I hope Lauren Kate writes something good after this. I think she could go into to poetry, because I loved the writing. 

Other Notes
For completing this series I earned 17 points in the 2014 Prequel & Sequel Challenge. To see more about this challenge, look to my 2014 Challenges tab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment