Thursday, January 16, 2014

1/16/14: Passion by Lauren Kate

Cover: I really like the designs of these covers, although they do seem a bit, I don't know, 'fake'. 
Author: Lauren Kate
Genre: Romance, Paranormal, Time-Travel, Historical Fiction
Goodreads Blurb: Luce would die for Daniel.

And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn't need to be that way....

Luce is certain that something - or someone - in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of thislifetime...going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel...and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history. Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames...forever.

Sweeping across centuries, PASSION is the third novel in the unforgettably epic FALLEN series.

Published/ing: June 14th 2011 Delacorte Press
Rating: 3.5/5
Review:
I definitely enjoyed  this book much more than the last two in the series. 

I think everything had a new depth to it. We get to see Luce actually develop as a character and question this 'undying love' that she is supposed to have with Daniel, and whether or not it is just the curse. She goes from being the foolish empty-headed girl with a crazy crush to being a bit more of a hero. Daniel also grows more as a character. He understands Luce's desire for truth. 

What really got me with this book though, was TIME TRAVEL! One of my all time favorite things. 

I loved how we got to go back and see Luce's past with Daniel. Through out the book we plunge deeper and deeper into this pit of time and personality and love. Everything was so accurate and beautiful. I can't even with how great it was to have all these different settings and conflicts and Luce and Daniels. 

The whole plot point with the 'breaking the curse' seemed a bit boring but when you jazz it up with history it actually turned out to be extremely interesting to me. 


Towards the end, when Bill, a character I absolutely adored until he turned out to be Satan (I kinda still liked him as Satan), changed the whole thing around, I was astounded. At first I though Bill was a bit too childish of a character to be in a book like this, but WOW DUDE way to pull that plot twist. I really liked that whole revelation moment. 


But the ending was a bit weird and confusing. They jumped around a lot and then all of sudden they were in Heaven and then they weren't and now Satan/Bill wants to take away two millenniums of time and Daniel, Luce, and the gang have to find where the angels originally fell. I got a bit confused. What about the curse? And, you know, God? Like I know from watching shows like Supernatural and such that God doesn't usually just come to the rescue, but I feel like the characters should've had that 'wait where's God' moment. You know? 


I hope, when Rapture comes in the mail from amazon tomorrow, that this gets a bit cleared up. Honestly, I'm kind of excited to read the next book. I hope it really smooths out and I get to give it a five star review (not very likely).  


Future News:
This series is expecting a movie, but nothing has been announced. This book series is completed. 

Hope you all have a good night! :)

~Monty

No comments:

Post a Comment