Monday, October 7, 2013

10/7/13: Fallen by Lauren Kate (Quickie Review)

Fallen
Cover: I thought the cover was really interesting and that, I believe, is what drew me to this in the first place. I like the that Gothic element.
Author: Lauren Kate
Genre: Romance, Paranormal
Goodreads Blurb: There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce – he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret...even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, FALLEN is a page-turning thriller and the ultimate love story.
Published/ing: December 8th, 2009 Delacorte Press
Rating: 3.5/5
Review: 
This book was interesting. I went into it with high hopes for it being sort of like a cross between Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl and a lot of great reviews from friends. But I feel extremely let down. 

I enjoyed first reading it, because the Prologue was exceptional and extremely attention grabbing. The writing style is also exceptional. The flow of words was great and the descriptions of settings and characters was wonderful. But it was lacking in areas. 

I liked the diverse character personality. I liked the southern and gothic setting. But the plot was lacking. 

The whole story line kind of drawled. There were potholes, and what I think is a still unresolved conflict. I had trouble understanding what was happening. I liked the forshadowing and the Biblical refrences but what was really going on? What are ***SPOLIER*** Cam and Daniel really? ***SPOILER CLOSED*** 

But overall it was a good storyline and I think it is heading in the right places. I've read many exceptional things where the first book sucks, so I will continue on (AFTER HOUSE OF HADES AND ALL THE OTHER BOOKS COMING OUT IN LIKE LITERALLY 7 DAYS) with the series. I like me some Gothic element and romance. 

Future News:
The series just came to the close and the author is starting a new series. 

House of Hades comes out soon. OMGS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment