Wednesday, January 1, 2014

12/31/13: Goodbye 2013




HELLO GUYS!
It's been a great year hasn't it? Maybe. It was a bit weird and off-kilter. 
Oh well. 
We got some pretty good books this year though! Here is my top books/authors/etc. of 2013 celebrating an end to this year and a welcome to the new year!

Favorite Book Read This Year

12127810


This book was one of my most anticipated books this year. I had extremely high expectations for this book and it delivered. Rick always delivers. I am going to be heartbroken when the last book comes out this coming year. I'm positive you guys won't hear the end of it. My full review is HERE. My meeting with Rick Riordan is HERE

Favorite Book Published This Year


He is a Legend.

I only started reading these books this year, and was I seriously impressed. They blew away my idea of a dystopian novel. Champion had such a memorable and magnificent ending. I bow down to Marie Lu. Read my review HERE.

Author(s) of the Year


Cassandra Clare, author of The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, and The Bane Chronicles series
and 
John Green, author of The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, and many others

I totally made the mistake of reading both these exceptional authors in the same year. Now I can't choose which one blew me away more. Oh well. They both did. Their books are so treasured to me. They both are great people. I just can't even comprehend how powerfully these authors have influenced me. I've done reviews for both these authors, but there are so many I'm not even gonna bother.

Favorite Debut Author


Rainbow Rowell, author of Fangirl and Eleanor and Park

I was a bit iffy about reading her first book, Eleanor and Park, but ended up enjoying it more then I though I would. Fangirl though, was amazing. She definitely proved herself in YA literature this year and I can't wait to read her next book Landline, coming July 8th. Read my review for Fangirl HERE.

Favorite Book-Movie Adaptation


The Hobbit (The Unexpected Journey and The Desolation of Smaug)

I originally read this book in 2012, and got really excited for the movies. Now I'm a big LotR fan and will probably write a review for all three movies when the last one comes out next year. 

Favorite Blogger



She had such a beautiful blog, and I love how laid back and realistic everything she does is. It's a great place to get some good reviews on books. 

Favorite Vlogger



She also has amazing, detailed book reviews. She has a bubbly personality and is a great person overall.

I hope you all have an amazing year, and good luck with your resolutions and goals!
~Monty


No comments:

Post a Comment