Monday, September 30, 2013

Rogue Hunter: Dark Space by Kevin Hendrickson

Cover: Could use some work, maybe switch over to illustrations. I do like the photography though-- perfetct representation of one of the main characters, Zyra.
Author: Kevis Hendrickson
Genre: Action and Adventure, Adult, Sci-fi
Goodreads Blurb:
Shortly after her trial on New Venus, Zyra Zanr is captured by a team of rival bounty hunters and brought aboard their ship, the Lilith. They intend to take her to the planet Sojo, home of a powerful crime boss who nurses a grievance against her. Zyra fears for her life, knowing death awaits her at the end of the journey. A series of intense confrontations between Zyra and her captors lead to her horrifying torture.

Drugged, beaten, and near death, Zyra escapes her cell and is pursued. The enemy will stop at nothing to recapture her. Enraged by the abuse she has suffered, Zyra decides to turn the table on the Lilith's crew and show them why she is the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.
Published/ing: October 1st, 2013
Rating: 3.5/5
Review: 
This book was really interesting. Let's start with setting.

I liked that sort-of Star Trek feel to the novel. I liked the "new universe" and the star-ships and all the terms used. It all correlated well. 

Moving on to characters:

I adored the character revealing throughout the book. Kevis really took the time to reveal a detail about the character so bye the end, we have a illustrative view of the personality of each character. 

The only problem I had with the characters was their physical descriptions. I sometimes had trouble seeing the characters in my head. Otherwise, development and personality was exceptional.

I had not read the first book when I picked up this one, but I felt as if I had. I think the author did an exceptional job of explaining what was going on and who was who, even though I myself went into it with no knowledge of the world at all. I liked the whole "everyone's a villain" theme. They are all bounty hunters and they all have and do kill daily. I liked Zyra Zanr, our main girl, and at first, we can only see her as an animal. A killing machine. But in those few moments, we see the true human shining through. 

I thought that was just exceptional. 

The book really kept me intrigued and on my feet. What will happen next? Who's going do die? And will the ship blow?

Wait to go Mr. Hendrickson!   


Future News: 
The next book is set to be published in 2014. 

Overall it was an exceptional book, despite a few flaws. I definitely want to go back and read the first one and then son read the next one. 

I'll see you guys tomorrow!
~Monty

(7 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment