Thursday, February 27, 2014

2/27/14: This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl, John Green, Lori Earl, and Wayne Earl


This isn't a review. I felt that since I was reading this girl's journal and biography, that it wouldn't be my place to criticize her. So only positive things about this book. 

This Star Won't Go Out
Author: Esther Earl, John Green, Lori Earl, and Wayne Earl
Genre: Non-Fiction, Biography, Cancer
Goodreads Blurb: A collection of the journals, fiction, letters, and sketches of the late Esther Grace Earl, who passed away in 2010 at the age of 16. Photographs and essays by family and friends will help to tell Esther’s story along with an introduction by award-winning author John Green who dedicated his #1 bestselling novel The Fault in Our Stars to her.
Published/ing: January 28th, 2014 Dutton Juvenile
Rating: 5/5
Review: 

I loved this book for many different reasons. 

First of all, this was the girl's journal. Not something someone else wrote about her, not something that she wrote about herself, but her actual thoughts. I loved the excerpts from her drawings had letters and email. I loved living with this girl and learning her life story. 

I don't think I've sobbed this much for a book since either TFIOS or Mark of Athena came out. That's how good it was. 

She is such a quirky, down to earth, and loving person. The last thing she texted before she left was "I love you". 

I dearly wish I could've met Esther Earl. I wish that I could've ran into her on the street or at a Harry Potter Convention. Throughout the whole story I wanted to be her best friend. I wanted to hug her and tell her about the things I find happiness in and fangirl over John Green and Harry Potter. 

This is such a great book. No words. None. Just go read it. 



~Monty

No comments:

Post a Comment