Tuesday, December 17, 2013

12/17/13: Top Ten Tuesday: Writer Newbies



This meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
December 17: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013

On this topic I could write a million authors, but I'll just do my favorite new ones of this year.


  • Huntley Fitzpatrick
    • Huntley wrote one of favorite books this year, My Life Next Door. I'm ad so excited to read her next few books when they come out!
  • Kevis Hendrikson
    • He is definitely a new author for me this year. I appreciated getting the chance to read his books this year.
  • Marie Lu
    • OoOoOo, probably my favorite dystopian author this year. Her books blew me away.
  • Lauren Kate
    • I'm still reading her series, Fallen, and I don't know what I think of them yet. I think I'm leaning towards three stars, but I don't know, maybe she'll surprise me!
  • Madeleine Roux
    • I really loved falling into her zombie novels, Allison Hewitt is Trapped and Sadie Walker is Stranded, and really must read her Asylum novel.
  • Rainbow Rowell
    • I think she'll be on everyone's list this year. Quite the breakthrough writer. 
  • John Green
    • I DO NOT REGRET A THING. These books were so good and I love what John does with his brother and everything about it is wonderful and happy.
  • Tahereh Mafi
    • I think these books were so very unique. Shatter Me and Unravel Me just blew me away. 
  • Cassandra Clare
    • Ha. Hahaha. See John Green.
  • Tamera Ireland Stone
    • I also enjoyed divulging my self in her books. I liked that romantic and timey wimey feel they had. 
~Monty

1 comment:

  1. I'm not even going to list how many of the same authors we have on our lists because it's more than half. Awesome list, though. :)

    ReplyDelete