Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 3: Flashbacks EVERYWHERE

November 17, 2013: Flashbacks EVERYWHERE

Word Count: 16,015

Chapter: It Will Be Okay (4)

Exert: “I need to go take a nap and drink tea!” I try one more time to push past him, but although he is not too athletic, he made a better wall than door. I almost pushed pasted him, but as soon as I started running, he wrapped his arms around me and dragged me back to him.
            “Would you stop?” I attempted to sound forceful, but there was a smile playing at my lips.
            “No,” he said hugging me tight, bending his head into the nape of my neck, the cold frames of his round glasses brushing against my cheek.
            “Well,” I said crossing my arms over my chest, “tell me what you have to say.”
            He brought his head up and smiled. His breath, warm with a hint of peppermint and chocolate. I wonder what he had to drink during exams, I thought to myself. “We are doing a movie night in the main dorm. PJs only. Bring popcorn.”
            “That’s all? What movie are we watching?” I said lifting my eyebrows.
            “I have no idea. I just hope it’s not some documentary about meercats again. I might have to get up and leave if that is what we are watching.”
            I laughed, remembering the last movie night. I didn’t know meercats could have such dramatic lives.
            “Don’t worry,” I said peeling him off me, “I’ll be there. Let me go grab some stuff.”
            He straightened up. He was only a few inches taller than me. His curly brown hair danced along the top of his glasses. If it grew any longer, it would surely cover his hazel (I tell him they are more green but he refuses, arguing that they are hazel).
            “Fine then. I shall see you there. I better not find you holed up in your room,” he said with a parting smile. He turned on his heel and stalked away. 


Update:
Got a little but behind, but caught myself up. I really like where my story is heading as a whole, but I need to fix up a lot of baby details. :)


~Monty

No comments:

Post a Comment