Tuesday, October 29, 2013

10/29/13: Top Ten Tuesday: Scary!

This meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
October 29: Top Ten Scariest Looking Book Covers (thanks to Abbi!)

Since I can't really think of books that really "scared" me I will instead do books with Gothic Elements or themes that really scared me. Also, I know (I'm such a slacker) I will only be able to do five. With NaNoWriMo and everything else creeping up on me, I don't have too much time. Tomorrow's post will also be a short Wiating on Wednesday and then that will be my last real post for a while. I might do mini posts and such, but mostly, each weekend, I'll post a little progress report on my NaNoWriMo. Sorry about all this. Hope you have a scar-filled Halloween!
  • Plagues
    • In books like The Eleventh Plague and any zombie book I've ever read, plague is a main theme. The idea of airborne plagues is just completely frightening. Having no escape. 
  • Humanity
    • There is no scarier monster than humanity itself. When people come together they can take down barriers. They can do anything. Just look at history. I think Lauren Oliver's Delirium is good example of this. 
  • Powerful People
    • Can we just talk about how much President Snow from Catching Fire scared me. He just smells like blood and leaves roses and such I was just freaked out by him. 
  • Darkness
    • Like literal darkness. Shadows and dark monsters and such. Like in Fallen by Lauren Kate and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margret Stohl.
  • Monsters and Gods
    • Much like in Percy Jackson, these all-powerful being can be really scary. 
Happy Halloween guys!
~Monty


No comments:

Post a Comment