Tuesday, October 22, 2013

10/22/13: Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Character Names

This meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
October 22: Top Ten Character Names I Love or Top Ten Unusual Character Names

  • Thomas
    • I know there are so many Thomases (I'm sorry I totally incorrectly made that plural) but I just think that is such a great name
  • Percy or Perseus 
    • The only hero who has a relatively happy ending. I love that. I love that Percy Jackson is named that.
  • Quentin
    • He is from John Green's Papertowns. I think this is just such an interesting name and it is so unusual. I love it.
  • Remus Lupin
    • Remus is from the Harry Potter series. And *SPOILER* he is a werewolf *SPOILER*. I just think his name is clever in relation to his character. 
  • Eleanor 
    • I think this is a name for an intelligent person. I like when authors use this name, because I think you are describing a character without actually describing the character.
  • Tobias 
    • The Tobias I am thinking of is from Divergent. His name was actually a mystery for quite a while. And I liked that. Names can reveal a lot about a person. But this name is also very unique. I didn't know really how to pronounce it at first (I still think I say it wrong).  
  • Xander
    • I did not like hte Matched trilogy. But Xander was definitely a name that caught my attention.
  • Atticus
    • Atticus, from To Kill A Mockingbird, is a name that, since the character is so, represents wisdom and knowledge. I love when people name their children this. 
  • Jem
    • I like this name as a shortening of James. Whether it is in The Infernal Devices or To Kill A Mockingbird, I think it is a unique name. 
  • June and Day
    • These characters from Marie Lu's Legend trilogy and I love their names. They play, I believe, as metaphors and symbols.
Have a great day guys!
~Monty


No comments:

Post a Comment