Wednesday, October 16, 2013

10/15/13: Top Ten Tuesday: Forcing Me to Read?

This meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
October 15: Top Ten Books I Was Forced to Read (either by teachers, friends, other bloggers, reviews)



  • The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
    • Honestly, I was forced to read this because my cousins were reading the last book when I picked up the first. They kind of just continuously shoved them into my hands. 
  • A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
    • Ugh. This was the worst book I have ever read. Plot was messed up. Characters were stupid. I learned nothing at all. Thanks a lot, school.
  • The Hush Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick
    • This was more of pressure from my friends to read. But gods it was so worth reading. 
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
    • A lot of these books have something to do from my friends pressuring me to read them. This was also one. Once again, totally worth it. 
  • Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
    • I don't really know about this one. John Green had a raving review so I felt a personal responsibility to read this. 
  • Island of Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
    • This was one of my aunt's favorite books and she gave it to me as a gift, so I felt an obligation to read it. Turns out to be one of my all-time favorite stand alone books. 
  • Shine by Lauren Myracle
    • Another forced-to-read-by-friend book. Although, I didn't like this one as much as I did the others. 
  • Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
    • This was a forced summer read, but it was just exceptional.
  • To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
    • I had to read this this year and I think I enjoyed it, but not as much as I really wanted to.
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
    • I accidentally watched the Lizzie Bennett diaries created by Hank Green on Youtube without knowing that it was based on Pride and Prejudice. So I felt another obligation to read this book, and gosh, it was amazing. A truly exceptional classic. 
Sorry this was posted on Wednesday rather than Tuesday, I kind of had a hectic night. 
I will post a waiting on Wednesday today, too!
~Monty

No comments:

Post a Comment