Wednesday, August 14, 2013

8/15/2013: Looking Forward, Kathrine, and Gatsby

HAPPY THURSDAY!

I have many thing to go over today, but first I'll discuss countdown dates!

First off, Rick Riordan's House of Hades comes out on October 8th, which is in 53 days. This book is the fourth installation in the Heroes of Olympus series and will hopefully resolve last falls tragic cliff hanger. Rick has said there to be tartarus Percabeth scenes, and this book has been critically viewed to be the Percabeth Book that fans have been waiting for. Rick has announced tour dates, and I would get them while they're hot! He is turning into quite the J.K Rowling icon, according to the signing I attended three years ago. Here is the list of locations:

http://rickriordan.blogspot.com/2013/08/house-of-hades-tour-dates.html

For your information, I will be attending the St.Louis Public Library Event, so if you see someone wearing a Camp Half-Blood shirt that's me! Hmm... that might be a little vague... I will probably have some way of advertising my user in the public, but for now, I suggest you come (ONCE IN A LIFE TIME PEOPLE I SWEAR HE'LL GO INTO HIDING LIKE ROWLING!)

The second thing we are patiently (not) awaiting is Veronica Roth's Alliegant. This is aimed to come out on October 22nd, which is in 67 days. We have a good wait ahead of us. It is to be told in not only Tris's point of view, but Four's (ohmygods yes). It is going to be the stunning conclusion to the Divergent trilogy. All I've heard is that we will get to see the other side of the famous fence! Time to get excited my friends!

Other Events to look forward to:

Catching Fire: November 22nd, 2013: 98 days
The Maze Runner Movie: February 28, 2014: 196 days
The Divergent Movie: March 13, 2013: 209 days

ON ANOTHER NOTE THOUGH~

I did finish rereading the original Percy Jackson series, and instead of reviewing it on here (because that would take forever) you can read them here. Let's just say it was amazing as always. Absolutely brilliant.

I DID read An Abundance of Kathrines by John Green. 

I have to say it was an amazing book. We take a nerdy, obsessive, child prodigy, Colin, who got dumper by his nineteenth Kathrine. Yes Kathrine. He has dated nineteen girls with the name K-A-T-H-R-I-N-E. He takes this one pretty hard, so his chubby and Judge Judy obsessed friend, Hassan, takes him on a Road Trip. They take an exit that leads them to Gutshot, Tennessee. And this exit changes their lives. We watch character's develop and crash and burn. We read determination and love and heartbreak. We see sides of people we never thought we'd see.

Another thing that really grasped my heart and got me into this book was the math (don't freak out). Colin, within the development of the book, creates a Theorem, trying to predict relationships, and help you figure them out through equations.

It was a spectacular book and I was hooked right off the back. Honestly, John Green has never failed at capturing my heart, even reading his zombie novels (which are free here).  I suggest you read all his books.

That's it for this Thursday guys! See you after I start school and read Looking For Alaska!


Dearest,
        Monty

No comments:

Post a Comment